- 3D2N stay for 2 for $145 (up to $401 value)
- 4D3N stay for 2 for $199 (up to $565 value)
- 5D4N stay for 2 for $255 (up to $729 value)
Hotel at a glance
Unwilling workaholics unwind with a relaxing stay at the 4-star Tara Angkor Hotel, as holidayers find respite in massages, daily buffet breakfasts, and sleeping in until noon. Located at the heart of Siem Reap, the Hotel is close to restaurants and bars, and a mere 8-minute drive from Angkor Wat. When travellers get tired of absorbing culture, less travelled options include soaking in the Hotel’s blue-tiled swimming pool, stretching stiff muscles at the Hotel’s bespoke spa or simply exploring the Hotel’s well-maintained courtyard.
- Bedrooms have satellite and cable channels, an electronic safe, free Wi-Fi access, and a hair dryer.
- Relax with a massage at Tara spa.
- Laundry and babysitting services are available, as well as an on-call Hotel doctor.
Siem Reap, Cambodia: What to see and do
The city of Siem Reap is popularly known as the ‘Gateway to Angkor’ as most visitors choose the town as a base to explore the ruins of Angkor and its surrounding attractions. Although the temples are a shadow of its former glorious Khmer Empire days, they are still a sight to behold; myth and history are etched into the stone structures that chronicle the religious beliefs and legacy of an ancient civilisation. The prized jewels of the UNESCO World Heritage Site are Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom, and it is worth waking up before dawn to climb up the steps of these monuments and see the rising sun tint the landscape with hues of gold.
Siem Reap has more to offer besides age-old temples. In the town area, you can visit the Angkor National Museum as a prelude to your trip to the Angkor Archaeological park, or drop by Angkor Silk Farm to see how silk worms are cultivated and silk-weaving techniques. It is possible to cover the town on foot but transportation services are readily available to shuttle you from one location to another. Familiarise yourself with the flavours unique to this region at a restaurant specialising in Khmer cuisine, which focuses on fresh ingredients, simplicity, and aromatic herbs. Some of these venues stage Apsara dance performances for diners, a classical dance performed by women dressed in elaborate costumes and golden headdresses that tell a tale through fluid movements and facial expressions. About half an hour away towards the southern outskirts of the city is the vast expanse of water that is Tonle Sap Lake, the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia. Go for a boat tour that takes you past floating villages and fishermen hard at work, while trips to the wildlife reserve and flooded forests bring you up-close to nature and its inhabitants.
- Triple, twin, or king bedding
- Max. occupancy: 2 guests per room
- Free Wi-Fi
- Room service
- Satellite and cable channels
- Poolside and lobby bars
- Swimming pool with Jacuzzi
- spa and sauna
- Fitness centre
- Bicycle rentals
- Shuttle and airport service
- Laundry and dry cleaning services
- Babysitting services
- On-call doctor
- catering and meeting services
Add-ons (payable to Tara Angkor Hotel)
- Extra bed with breakfast for guest aged 11 years and above: USD35 per person per night
- Stay without extra bed with breakfast for guest aged 5 – 10 years: USD5 per person per night
- Upgrade to Deluxe Room: USD20 per room per night
- Upgrade to Executive Suite Room: USD35 per room per night