Beach Villa stay with return Tigerair flights
- 4D3N full board stay for 1 for $1,368 (up to $2,568 value)
Hotel at a glance
Located on the 105-acre Meerufenfushi island, Meeru Island Resort & spa is surrounded by a ribbon of powdery white sand dotted with palm trees and packed with all the facilities one may need in the modern world without having to leave the paradise island. The Beach Villa will be home for the next four days, as you wake up to a view of the balmy Indian Ocean.
- Fill your day with a host of activities from tennis and badminton, to golfing at a 9-hole pitch and putt. Otherwise, complete the beach vacation experience with a spot of beach volleyball, a swim in one of two fresh water swimming pools located by the beach, or snorkelling during the daily guided trip that takes a boat out to nearby reefs.
- The lagoon that encircles the island offers a calm bay for swimming, snorkeling, and water sports, while the Hotel organises regular boat rides out to eight dive sites on the daily for those seeking to explore the archipelago’s famed reefs.
- Duniye spa offers to pamper and relax using a blend of oriental techniques with modern skincare. Get a massage while overlooking the azure ocean and feeling the warm sea breeze on your bare skin.
Maldives: What to see and do
Bringing life to the Sinhalese origin of her name, the tropical jewel of the ocean is a garland of islands of which never-ending summers are made of. Formed by the coral reefs that perch on the submerged volcanoes of old, the Maldives owe their existence, and their world-famous bathwater-temperature waters, to their location in the Indian Ocean.
Despite being known to parlay exclusivity with her clusters of high-end resort brands and the ability for each to be their own private island, the group of 1,200-odd beaches are also hunted for their ability to be a diver’s bucket-list destination, honeymooner’s getaway, and a family’s back-to-nature escapade at the same time.
Get to know her capital of Male (pronounced Marlay), which rose from a sparsely-populated island to a city alongside the republic’s tourism revolution. Said to be a reflection of the ‘real’ Maldives, the colourful and lively streets of Male give a stark contrast to the usual fare of lazy pools and beachside indulgence of her sister shores. Previously the seat of the ancient dynastic royals, the pint-sized administrative centre is home to the region’s busiest local and imported shopping locations, as well as the local’s entertainment venue when the sun begins to set.
Then, immerse yourself within the depths of what CNN Travel calls as “one of the best dive sites in the world” as you discover the warm waves of the Monsoon Current. Take your pick from the groups of 26 low atolls (or ‘ring-shaped reefs’), which earned the waters their “white tip reef shark capital” title as you deliberate between your choice of an in-house diving centre or a liveaboard operator. Offering a visibility range prized by the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), your underwater host greets you at the shallow zones with a school of parrotfish, turtles, and moray eels, while enticing you to dive deeper with a chance at meeting manta rays, eagle rays, and whale sharks of the open ocean.
Singapore to Maldives
- Departure: 9.20am (GMT +8)
- Arrival: 11.10am (GMT +5)
Maldives to Singapore
- Departure: 12.10pm (GMT +5)
- Arrival: 8pm (GMT +8)
For reference only and subject to change
- 56 sqm room
- King-sized bedding
- Max. occupancy: 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children aged 11 and below. 3rd and 4th guest subject to additional charges
- 2 fresh-water swimming pools
- Fitness centre
- Restaurants and bars
- Beauty salon
- Children’s playground
- Dive centre
- Games room
- Gift shop
- golf driving range
- golf Pitch & Putt
- Internet cafe
- Medical clinic
- Sports and recreation
- Water sports centre
Add-ons (payable to Travel Star)
- Full package for child aged 2 – 11: $1,088 per person per package.
- Stay extension: $500 per room per night